Monday, January 6, 2014

The Uke-lady's Man

Just did my second straight day of ukulele practice.  It seems like every song in the Daily Ukulele song book is not in my key, vocally.  I know what you're thinking.  You're thinking, "Ever thought that you might be off key?"  There's that.  The ukulele chords aren't sufficient to provide the melody for me, even if I know the song.  I learned Paper Moon, and Let me Call you Sweetheart.  It works best if I just strum and say out the words and my husband sings the tune for me.  He has sustained notes for up to five minutes waiting for me to find the next chord.  He gets extra husband points for not laughing while I destroy the Star Spangled Banner.  I'm in good company with that one, though, aren't I?

For today's photos, I go to the album filled with photos I've scanned from old albums.  In some cases I actually just took photos of the photos, which is why they can look a little distorted. There's no real theme...just photos I like of things and places and creatures I like.

One of the Cinque Terre in Liguria....Vernazza, perhaps? Taken in 1988.

Beach off Dallas Road, Victoria

Streaker taking a New Year's Day dip off Jericho Beach, Vancouver 2002

Bull Moose in a farmer's field near Willingdon, Alberta. 2006

My favourite dog ever, Patches. Taken a few years ago.

A close second, Tina.

No comments:

Post a Comment